Again, I ask for
your help, and you've come through
for me, as I have for so many that have asked for mine over the
years. It's been great the support many of
my friends and colleagues have agreed to me. Though I still
plead for your help to support the American Heart Association on
their annual fund raiser.
For all in the organizations that I've supported over the
|American Cancer Society
|American Diabetes Association
|American Women in Radio & Television
GGIGS/Girls Inc. of Sacramento
Granite Bay Flycasters
I am inviting you all to participate in the American Heart
Association's 17th Annual
Heart Ball on Saturday, March 3, 2007. I invite you to participate by
making a donation to our silent and live auction. The Heart
Ball is Sacramento's premier fundraising event, which was attended
by more than 400 top community leaders and professionals and raised
over $651,000 last year. Many of you were part of that support. I
know within my group of friends and colleagues we were responsible
for $8,254.00 of that amount in 2005,
$8,640.00 last year. This year I still want to make the $10,000.00 goal.
I thank the following people and
companies that have donated items, services and/or money in years past. I thank you all and hope you can help
again this year. Thanks to:
- Renee Parvis,
Marvelocity Inc. (handmade glass gift)
- Peter & Janet
Tham, Wasabi Sushi Bar & Grill ($200
- Harold and Monica, TKC
Winery (case of wine)
- Bill Carnazzo (Fly Fishing
- Dr. Ian Renner, Renner Winery
(case of wine)
- Jann Taber,
- Sacramento Jazz Festival, Erin
- Colour Press, Ruby and Martin
- Julie Knudsen, Zap
Creative (custom artwork)
- Karen Onstad,
- Cool Tech,
- The Penny Saver, Dick
- Floyd Dean Fly Casting, Floyd and
- Puneet & Dr.
Grewall, Flawless Skin Aesthetic Spa ($100
Again, I can really use everyone's
help to help fight with the American Heart
I remind those
of the statistics:
will continue each day, each month, each year, and without your support there
may be little success for education, research, and to fight this
deadly disease. We need you help!
The American Heart Association has set an ambitious goal to
reduce death and disability caused by cardiovascular disease and
stroke by 25% by the year 2010. The Sacramento Division is
positioned to help achieve this goal through the success of the
Sixteenth Annual Heart Ball.
To help us reach our goal this year, we kindly request items
for the auction:
- Every 33 seconds, someone dies of heart disease.
- Each year, more than 930,000 people will die from heart
disease and stroke.
- Half a million women will die from heart disease and stroke
- Heart disease kills 1 woman/minute, more women then men since
1984. And, one in 27 women will die from breast cancer, while one
in two women will die from heart disease.
- Cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer of Americans and
stroke is #3 killer. I'm sure you know someone that has either
died or has had a stroke in the past year.
event this year has created theme-based concepts for donations:
- Rounds of golf w/cart(s)
- Media: ad time/space
- Lessons or Training services
- BBQ grill (a desired hot item)
- Theatre & Event tickets, or packages
- Kids furniture (hot auction item)
- Dinning or certificates (>$100)
- Sports Equipment or like items
- Wine and related items
- Time share/Vacation home; week/weekend
- Arial ride(s) over the region
- Lift Tickets, Ski packages
- Monterey packages: Bay Aquarium tickets, Lodging, Golf
- Guided Fishing trip
- Kings items (something signed would be awesome)
- Limousine service
- Wine! This is always a must. Besides, it's good for the heart!
- Think creatively, there's much that can be done.
Most of those 'Vignettes' are very open ended, and there's no
such thing as too much. The American Heart Association can use all
you can give.
I again have some rather large goals that would be very
- Backyard Bonanza: backyard, outdoor BBQ and fun items
- Wine & Dine: anything regarding food, wine, cooking
- Kids Paradise: anything for kids
- Home Sweet Home: all home related items and/or services
- Journey of the Heart: fun get-a-ways for everyone
- Sports & Fitness: golf, outdoor, driving schools, Kings,
Ball/Bat boy for a day, etc…
- Misc. Experiences: Helicopter rides, Movie premiere for a
large party, Assistant DJ, etc…
- Arts & Entertainment: artwork, tickets, comedy, poker
party, wine tours, etc..
- Pamper Yourself: jewelry, wine, chocolate, car washes, teeth
- Outdoorsman: flyfishing, rock climbing, hot air ballooning,
In return for your
donation, the American Heart Association will offer the following
- A Harley Davidson or Cruiser style motorcycle.
- Lunch or dinner with Governor Schwarzenegger, or Maria (anyone
- Dinner with the "Dining Diva's" (hint hint)
- A cruise or travel package(s).
for your kind consideration of our request. Please reply
with the attached Donation Form by November 16,
2005 to confirm your donation. I will follow up with you in
the upcoming weeks to confirm your donation. If you have any
questions please don't hesitate to contact Suzanne Bartlett at
Your support is deeply appreciated. I look forward to hearing
- Your business will be exposed to an upscale market of
Sacramento's top business and community leaders through our
Auction Catalogue (mailed to over 500 invited
guests). This is a unique and effective marketing tool.
- Your business will be listed in the commemorative
- If your donation exceeds $1,000 in value, you will be
considered for the Live Auction and receive
special recognition by the Auctioneer on the night of the event.
- The entire value of your donation is tax
deductible. For your records, our tax identification
number is 13-5613797.
- Opportunity to align with a reputable nationally recognized
health organization perceived positively by 98 percent of
the American public. (Gallup)
Jeff Burkholder, Heart Ball
Auction Committee Member
The Heart Ball is Sacramento's most respected and profitable
black-tie gala with gourmet heart-healthy dining, great music, and
outstanding auction items. The 2005 Heart Ball was attended by more
than 500 top community leaders and professionals and netted over
$650,000. Expenses were less than 8% and 75 cents of every dollar
supported heart and stroke research, education and community
Coronary heart disease is the No. 1 killer of Americans
today. Stroke is the third leading cause of death and a leading
cause of serious, long-term disability. All cardiovascular diseases
combined claim 1 million lives every year-more than the next 16
causes of death combined.
The American Heart Association requests your
support of the Sixteenth Annual Heart Ball through the donation of
an auction item. We are specifically seeking:
- High-end items that will appeal to our guests. Past examples
include trips and vacations, spa days, unique packages and
- Donation of an item with a minimum value of $500.
- All items must be received by November 19, 2005.
- Business will be exposed to Sacramento's top business and
community leaders through our Auction Catalogue (mailed to over
500 invited guests).
- Your business will be listed in the commemorative Event
- Recognition at the auction display table.
- If your donation exceeds $1,000 in value, it will be
considered for the Live Auction and receive special recognition by
the Auctioneer on the night of the event.
- The entire value of your donation is tax deductible. For your
records, our tax identification number is 13-5613797.
- Opportunity to align with a reputable nationally recognized
health organization perceived positively by 98 percent of the
American public. (Gallup)